Saturday, April 21, 2012

April 21, 2012

Well this past week has been an interesting one. I have learned a lot of things, which I don’t think are in books. There are basically three reasons a baby will cry; they are either hungry or need to be changed. If you are able to decipher which one of these are for which cry, you got this newborn thing under control.

This past Wednesday we went to the UF Pediatrics to meet Jaydyn’s doctor. Dr. Mauldin has been practicing pediatrics for 38 years and definitely takes the time to explain everything that has happened and what to expect will happen. He definitely makes you feel valued and takes the time to understand and listen to your concerns. He came highly recommended by co-workers. According to the “standards” she is in the 89% for her height and 33% for her weight. So, I guess you could say that she is long and lean (LOL). We also are supplementing some of her feedings with formula, which is now a Similac Soy Formula to see if it is better for her to digest.

The nights have been long, but could be longer. She is waking us up every 3 hours to be fed and changed. At least we have the 3 hours to get some rest. 

I attempted to do the newborn photo shoot on Thursday, but that was a bust. I decided that I would turn the air off in the house to make it warm and comfortable for her, set everything up (camera and props), fed her and then waited for her to fall asleep. Well…. You guessed it…. She wouldn’t fall asleep. I waited for over an hour for her to fall asleep, but was unsuccessful. I did get a few photos of her awake, but couldn’t use the props to get her to sit still. I guess I will attempt it again within the next few days. We are also going to attempt to do a family photo. Wish me luck!!

Here are a few more photos of baby “J”
I love to sleep with my mouth open.  I think she is trying to catch flies!   LOL   4.20.12


Giving Kisses!  She just melts our hearts <3

Heres looking at you!!  4.20.12

Jaydyn and her BlahBlah doll
(Gift from Mrs. Kim)

"0" months sticker- 4.20.12 
Thanks Mrs. Kim and Mr. Dustin
 
Just Born Sticker- 4.20.12
Thanks Aunt Kasey and Uncle Gordon

No comments:

Post a Comment