Wednesday, April 18, 2012

As I write this blog post, I am elated to say that we have welcomed a beautiful baby girl into this crazy world on April 11, 2012 at 7:56 am. True to my word I am making sure that I take the time out once a week to update this blog. The blog will evolve over the next few months/years allowing for the purpose of these posts as a metaphorical photo album. 

On April 11, 2012, my alarm went off at 3:30am to get up and get ready for my c-section. My husband and I got up quietly and didn’t talk too much on the way to the hospital. I know that I was scared to death about what was about to happen, but also scared that I was going to be a mother within the next few hours. Once at the hospital, sitting in the parking garage, I looked at my husband and said… “Can we rethink this whole parenting thing (with a smile on my face)? His response was, “I think we have gone to far at this point to turn back.” As we both realize that the clock in the SUV (had to buy because a car seat wouldn’t fit in my 370z 2-seater) read 4:55 am. We had to report to the Labor and Delivery Wing of St. Vincents Medical center. As we arrived in L&D, we checked into Suite 3 and my IV was started. We both took a nap in between the caregivers coming in and out of the room, but by 7am the anathesiaologist came into the room and said lets go. We got up and I walked 4 rooms down where I was given my spinal block around 7:20 am, my doctor arrived at 7:30 to prep my stomach for the surgery and little Miss Jaydyn Elizabeth Wellborn was born at 7:56 am. As soon as she was born, they let me see her quickly and told my husband to follow them. She came out screaming with a good set of lungs and weighing 7lbs 10ounces at 20.5 inches long. Not only did she come out crying she also came out with a head of hair. When I say a head full of hair, I mean…. A LOT OF HAIR & LONG.
After being weighed and having Papa take some good pictures, the doctor continued to close me up. The whole experience was surreal and hard to explain. You can feel everything that is going on, but you cannot feel the pain. Much to everyone’s amazement, she was a bigger kid and they were not really sure where I hid this kid. For the total pregnancy I gained 32 lbs and had a fundal measurement of around 34 weeks. Since my 34 week prenatal appointment, my stomach did not grow outwards but I continued to gain weight and feel Jaydyn kicking around my hip bone. She was jam packed in there. 

Statistics:
Jaydyn Elizabeth Wellborn
Born: April 11, 2012 at 7:56 a.m.
Length: 20.5 inches long
Head Measurement: 14 inches
Chest Measurement: 13 inches

I was put back together and back into my postpartum room by 8:30 am. Upon arriving at my room Jaydyn was welcomed by her father (with a HUGE smile on his face) and my father and step-mother. Within minutes, the in-laws arrived to see the first granddaughter on the Wellborn side and first grandchild on the Hendricks side of the family. Within the next hour my mother arrived and we have a hospital room full of love and excitement. Jaydyn was asleep and was passed from one set of loving arms to another. I swear she was about to start growing mold on her cheeks because of all of the kissing she was getting. I stayed in the hospital from Wednesday through Saturday morning. Over the next few days there was a plethora group of people who came to see her. I was given the option to leave Friday evening or Saturday morning. After highly contemplating leaving on Friday, I realized that it was Friday the 13th. That was an easy decision for me, I would stay until Saturday morning. I knew that if I went home on Friday the 13th and something was to happen, I would never forgive myself ( SIDE NOTE: I am not superstitious, but this was not the time to change my theory).

After arriving home from the hospital, it was an adventurous next two nights. Being that neither my husband nor I have every really been around babies much less newborns, we had no clue why she was crying. She was fed, clean diaper and being held by papa. 

Night #3 was much better. We are not getting out patterns down and she is waking every three hours (on the dot) to feed. After a feeding and a change of diaper she is back sleeping within minutes. While feeding Jaydyn loves to stare at your face and grab onto your hand. Her little face and beautiful slate blue eyes (with a light bluish/green ring around the iris) melts our heart. There is nothing about her that isn’t like her father. She looks like him 100% and my contribution was carrying her for 39 weeks (LOL). She LOVES sleeping on her fathers chest and smiles when he talks to her. She adores him.  

Today will be a fun day. I purchased a new camera lens and I am going to photograph her for the newborn photos. A few props have been purchased to complete this task, but they will be simple and classy photographs that we will keep for years.

I will post a few photos once I have them completed and edited (so it may take a few days). 
Here are a few more photos that have been taken: 
I love to cuddle and sleep



I dont want to wake up, so here is my mean look or a "stink-eye look"

4.11.12- Appox 5 hours old

Heres looking at you with my big EYES!!
I told you that I had heartburn and as a result Jaydyn has a head of hair
My mom lost a bet therefore I have to wear a Georgia Bulldog outfit.  Dad is happy, but mom is not!!!

My First Bath- Just drying off
4.14.12  Headed Home
4.14.12 Headed home to see where I am going to live
Until next time... Have a great week and SMILE!   Life is great.....

No comments:

Post a Comment