Saturday, June 14, 2014

January thru March 2014

January and March 2014

Well I know that I am a bit late on publishing a post and well...  (I am way behind, I get that)!  The months of January thru March were pretty quiet.  Jaydyn continues to love to cuddle and spend time with mommy and daddy.  

To kick off New Years Jaydyn made this adorable video.  I think I am going to start making a tradition of her saying "Happy New Year <insert year>" for as long as possible!


In addition to the New Years "Hello" the Wellborn Family tried something new.  We are not huge fans of changing things up.... much less our food.  In an attempt to try to something new, I baked talapia and created Paleo pasta (strips of zuchinni sauteed in coconut oil).  Wasnt bad, but Jaydyn LOVED IT!  She kept signing for more....   This kid loves her food! <January 3, 2014>

Also, for those of you who know me, you know that I lack in the grace department.  I think Jaydyn unfortunately was "blessed/cursed with her mommys grace.  She forgot to put her hands out when she fell and ended up with a scratched face (heartbreak for mommy)!  <January 19, 2014>

Some people think that since we live in the wonderful state of Florida that it is always sunny and warm.  Well let me set you straight if you think that is the case.  Jacksonville, Florida might as well be south Georgia (since we are so close to the state line) and it does get pretty darn cold (even freezing) here in the winter.  But the good thing is that we probably own 2-3 good winter coats.  Jaydyn was fortunate enough to get a coat from Grandma Hendricks (Jeanne) that was cute and stylish. <January 29, 2014>

On February 1st, I had to go into work for a weekend shift and Jaydyn stayed at my mothers house for the day.  Luckily, Jaydyn was able to spend the day with Uncle Jim and Aunt Linda (which she adores them both).  It took a bit of time for her to warm up to them, but J has an attraction to men and wouldnt let Uncle Jim out of her eyesight.  They had a blast playing and we cant wait to see them again.  She keeps asking for "Ant Nina -n- Unk Jem."


I do love that my baby girl loves to cuddle at night.  <February 1, 2014>





When I drop J off at daycare in the morning, she is generally a pretty happy kid.  Recently, she has been having a hard time letting mommy go in the morning.  This is probably one of the hardest things I have had to do in a while.  She stands at the classroom door and gives me the sad face (while batting her lashes and showing her baby blue eyes).  Plus I have a "Window Licker" LOL.  <February 4, 2014>

I just have to share this next photo.   It melts my heart everytime I see it.  Chad came home from work one day and still had his uniform on.  He decided to check the mail and we happened to be pulling up in the driveway as he was walking back from the mailbox.  She wanted to see her daddy so much, that she ran down the sidewalk to greet him. <February 6, 2014>

Happy Valentines Day from J-bird <February 14, 2014>
Taking in the afternoon fresh air in the front yard.  <February 15, 2014>

On February 21, 2014, Jaydyn, Justina (a close friend), and I registered and went to the "26.2 with Donna- Finish Breast Cancer" Expo at the Prime Osborne Convention Center (downtown Jax, Fla.).  We picked up the packets and t-shirts and prepared for the next days 5k run.  I decided to run the race for my Aunt Linda.  She is a fighter and is an extremely strong woman.  I ran the race for my aunt.   J went to the expo, but didn't participate in the run (stroller wise).  However, we did get to sign a "pink" dumpster truck.   Battling bronchitis I can say that I finished the race, but no where near the time that I was hoping for....





In March we went to the Jacksonville Zoo and spent some quality time with daddy.







The weather is finally getting nice outside and we are able to go outside in shorts and short-sleeved shirts to play with sidewalk chalk.  <March 11, 2014>




March 16, 2014
 March 17, 2014 - Happy St. Patrick's Day!!  Gotta sport our Irish green roots
March 20, 2014

What made me decide to sign up for the Gate River Run 15k is besides me.  I think I had a fleeting moment of energy.  Eitherway, once I signed up for the race I was committed to finishing the 9.3 mile trek through downtown Jacksonville with the final mile over the Heart Bridge (aka Green Monster or Heartache Bridge). With a few stops along the way, I completed the run at just over 2 hours.  While I was running the race I came to a few realizations with this Facebook Post: 
     So a few things I learned about myself today.... 
          #1- I accomplished one of my 2014 goals of finishing a 15k
          #2- seeing the "Mile 1" banner is not motivating
          #3- I hate the Green Monster
          #4- My legs turn into jelly at Mile 6
          #5- I love the residents in Historic San Marco and St Nicholas for the beer and sausage links                          during the run.
          #6- .... a 5k is nothing now!!!
                    Cheeseburger and beer here I come!!!
While I didnt run this race with Jaydyn (and dont think that I could have kept her still long enough to do it), I am hoping over the next couple years that I can get her to participate (either run or ride). <March 22, 2014>

April was a fun month.  Jaydyn turned 2 and I cant wait to show you what I had planned for our muchkins SMALL birthday party!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment