Thursday, May 10, 2012

4 Weeks Old + Craft Sling

ONE MONTH OLD (tomorrow) & Sling Instructions


Well my last post was about me being cheap and trying to create a few things that is not worth the money being spent on it.  So I went in search of an alternative to purchasing a Moby Wrap for $53.49 (including tax).   I was able to do some research and came up with this…


It ended up costing me $9.42 (with tax).  That is a remarkable $44.07 savings.  I was actually able to get two slings out of the $9.42.


So this is how I did it.  I went to WalMart and looked at their clearance rack and found a jersey knit that would go with many outfits.  Luckily it was $1.50/yd.  I purchased 6yds= $9.00, which is a bit more that I really needed, but I figured that I was better safe than sorry.  Folded the fabric in a hotdog length and cut the fabric in half.  This leaves you with two strips 18ft long.  Take one of the strips and then fold it again in the hotdog shape.  Once you have the fabric folded you can then tie the fabric around yourself.  I ended up cutting a yard of fabric off the end, because it was too long, but it is going to depend on your waist size and the size of the baby.


Here is a YouTube link to show you how to wrap the fabric:
 http://youtu.be/DTsVqghgFvA


As I type this post, Jaydyn is sleeping close to my chest as has not moved in about 1 hour.  I think that she loves it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment