Sunday, May 27, 2012

Week 6 (special note for military families too!)

Okay, so we are at week 6 and I had my doctors appointment on Friday to get checked out and released to go back to work and everything looks great.  I do have a few pounds to loose to get back to my pre-pregnancy weight, but I will do it.  Jaydyn is doing great.  She is learning that her lungs will get her what she wants or at least get my attention for me to figure it out.  She is not too fond of her swing any more, but is loving laying in her BOPPY pillow.  I can put her on the Boppy, on the couch with a blanket (next to me) and she is content as long as she has her WubbaNub (Monkey). She has been sleeping at night for 5-6 hrs which is a nice relief for me.  I am just hoping over the next few months that she will start sleeping longer and longer so I can possibly get a 8 hr stretch of sleep (at some point).

It is Sunday morning as I finish up the blog and I have been looking at the weather forecast for the tropical storm that is supposed to be hitting Jacksonville, Florida sometime tonight and tomorrow morning.  The weather will mainly consist of lots of rain and about 40mph winds.  I guess we will stick it out, since it doesn’t appear to be too bad.
Later today I am going to head to the grocery and pick up some items to make sure that we have everything we need.  Being that we live on the outskirts of the city, we generally are the first to lose power and the last to get it back. I also have to make sure that the rug-rat has enough supplies (i.e. newborn diapers).  I have had to experiment with diapers since Jaydyns legs are so chunky the newborn Pampers wont fit around the leg (without cutting off the circulation) but the Level 1 diapers are too big no matter how tight you make it around her belly.   So… I found that the Walgreens brand of newborn diapers fit her the best.  Nothing like a special trip for a generic diaper.   At the bottom of the post I am also posting a few pictures from this past week.  I hope you enjoy them as much as we do.  Until next week….. stay safe!!!

Military Families:

Just wanted to bring some information to your attention.  There is a military service member act that is in place as an incentive for individuals to join the military.  The act is known as the Servicemember Credit Relief Act (SCRA) and states that any debit accrued prior to service entry must be refinanced by the bank at the current rate, but no higher than 6%.  This was created as an incentive for individuals to join the military.  All you need to do is contact the financial institution to refinance the debt. 

According to www.Military.com

One of the most significant provisions under the Servicemember's Civil Relief Act (SCRA) limits the amount of interest that may be collected on debts of persons in military service to 6 percent per year during the period of military service.

The expanded SCRA further states that no interest above 6 percent can accrue for credit obligations while on active duty, nor can that excess interest become due once the servicemember leaves active duty A? instead that portion above 6 percent is permanently forgiven. Furthermore, the monthly payment must be reduced by the amount of interest saved during the covered period.

Additional Reading at:  Breakdown of the Act

Coupons:

Enfamil: If you register at Enfamil.com you will received coupons monthly in the mail for $4.00 off of any formula products.  Since Jaydyn is being nursed, I have been told that it is okay to use soy as an addatitive or a supplement.  Since this is a lactose free product it will not mess with her digestive system in mixing digestive products.  This helps reduce the colic.

At Babies-R-Us you can use the coupon for the pre-mixed individual formula containers.  You get 8/8oz bottles.  I use this when we travel or when we are away from the house.  This is much easier to transport and you do not have to worry about keeping breastmilk cold/or nursing in public.  I keep an empty bottle and a bottle of formula in the diaper bag.   The cost of the standard Emfamil product is $8.99 (plus $.62 tax) = $9.61 for the pre-mixed formula.  You can then use the $4.00 coupon on the product costing you a total of $5.61 for 6 bottles of 8oz formula.  This is definitely worth the extra money because of the ease of transport. Since Jaydyn is drinking around 4-5 oz per feeding, I can get two bottles out of one container, resulting in 12 bottles total. 

The only problem with Babies-R-Us is that you can only use two of the coupons a day, per transaction.  I tried separating it into two different transactions, but the store would not let me. Maybe each store has their own policy, but the Babies-R-Us on Argyle Forrest Blvd will not let you use more than two.

COUPON WEBSITES:

http://www.coupons.com/  (you can select and print coupons here)

http://www.enfamil.com/  (register with Enfamil and receive coupons in the mail monthly)

 Week 6 Photos:














No comments:

Post a Comment