Saturday, May 19, 2012

Week 5

This past week has been a good week and a bad week.   Fortunately and unfortunately my little baby Jaydyn is getting big and I am now having to create a box in her room for donations.  Don’t get me wrong… I am happy that she is healthy and growing, but does she have to grow that quick?
Another one of my money saving missions was in full force this week.
My mission was to put my JoAnn’s craft store 60% off coupon to good use.  After 5 years of being in this house and using an old end table to hold up the cable box in the guest bedroom/now Jaydyns bedroom.  So… I found a 3 section high wooden cube shelf for $79.99.  The 60% coupon was definitely put to good use.  I also used a 50% off coupon for a can of purple paint to paint the shelves.  I figured that once she was old enough to put her toys away herself, we can buy the baskets that go into the cubbies.  I went home and rummaged up another 50% coupon and went back the next day for a second cube.  At this point I have still not paid a combined full price for one and have two!! That is my buy of the week.  When I get the cubes painted I will post a picture of them for everyone to see.   The best thing you can do (if you have a smartphone) is to download the JoAnns App to electronically clip coupons.  The coupons can be used as many times as you want and you can use multiple coupons in one transaction.  I ABSOLUTELY refuse to pay full price for ANY item at JoAnns.

As far as the little one.  She is doing wonderful and is my sidekick when we go out in public.  She loves cuddling with her dad and giving him big smiles.  This week is going to be a tough week for the family, but we will make it through (somehow). We stayed busy this past week and went to lunch with my father and stepmom.  Jaydyn failed to wake up the whole time we were out, so the grandparents had to admire her from afar in public.  Not only are her smiles getting more frequent she is also developing her "attitude."  I do have to say that the attitude resembles her father, but her cuddles are from her mother. :)  (Yes I am a biased party)!!!

Here are a few pictures from this past week:









No comments:

Post a Comment