Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Week 3 (a little late in week 3, but it is still week 3)

Week 3 (a little late in week 3, but it is still week 3)

HAPPY CINCO DE MAYO everyone!!!

As I sit here in my glider in Jaydyns room I am amazed to see how much she has grown in just a short 25 days. She has been increasingly eating more and more and sleeping for longer stints, but man it is still exhausting. She is drinking 3.5oz every 3-4 hours. My husband and I jokingly call her Miss Piggy because she can suck down a bottle like it is going out of style and still wants more. She can be peacefully sleeping one second and then the next she is crying like the world is going to end. When this happens you better jump up and warm up a bottle, because the 90 seconds it takes in the warmer seems like and eternity when she is screaming like all-get-out.

Here is a video of the child eating and sounding like a little squeaker:

As we prepare for the upcoming mothers day, I am putting together some picture frames of for our mothers and grandmothers. I have to have this done by Monday to get the packages in the mail.
This past week I did a bit of sewing for the first time since little J was born. It is truly amazing as to how many blankets and burp cloths you can go through within a day. I emptied out my scrap fabric boxes and made 20 new burp cloths. 16 days before Jaydyn was born, her cousin James was also born in the U.K. In waiting anxiously for both of the children to be born, I put together a few things for James. Some of my left over fabric was boys fabric, so I also sewed a few extra burp cloths to mail to James. I am happily and quickly depleting the scrap box. On top of making burp cloths, I decided to be even CHEAPER (if that is possible). I also created a sheet for the pack-n-play and a mattress cover for the bassinet. It seemed like I was constantly washing the sheets in both on a daily basis, because of either spit up or a blow out.

On top of completing those sewing projects, I am now looking at creating a sling for the little one. I just posted a “status update” on facebook requesting suggestions on slings. The research that I have completed appears that the average ring sling is about $50. Yep!!! I didn’t do a typo, $50. I mean seriously there are two metal rings and about 3 yards of fabric. Based on my assumptions and research you can purchase a set of rings for $3.70 ($6.24 with shipping and tax http://www.slingrings.com/index.php) and with a 40% off Jo-Anns Fabric coupon you can buy an average quality fabric for $15. So… that is $21.24 for a sling. Appears to me that the sling companies have extremely high mark-up. I am no genius, but that is pretty darn profitable. My next project is… well you guessed it. I will post a picture of it as soon as I complete it.

Well I am off to feed Miss Piggy again. I hope everyone is having a safe CINCO DE MAYO and a good week. Thanks for reading my blog.

-Ames and Miss J

No comments:

Post a Comment