Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Weeks 10 & 11

Well I have certainly been busy over the past weeks taking care of the little Diva.  The last time I took her to the doctors office she was running a little bit of a fever so they didn't want to give her her immunizations, so we went back last week to get them.  Needless to say, Jaydyn was happy until the nurse came in to give her the shots.  She got one in each leg and an immunization by mouth.  She screamed for an all of about a minute and then was fine.  Not that its funny, but every time she looked at me she cried and then would stop.  She had her little attitude going. We also had a Tropical Storm that was stationary over NE Florida (Tropical Storm Debby) that dumped tons of water on us for at least 5 days.  Many of the counties around us were flooded and they even shut down Interstate 10 as a result of flooding.  Still one week later the St. Mary's River is still rising and has reached record highs.  Along with record high rain, we also are experiencing record high heat.  For 1 week straight we have been around 99' and according to the meteorologist it feels like 118'.    Here are some pictures of what we had to drive through in the neighborhood to get to our house.


Friday morning I decided to take Jaydyn to the neighborhood pool for her first pool adventure.  We got to the pool and she was not to fond of the cold water.  I have to admit, neither was I and I totally didnt think about the water being cold from all of the recent rains.  We were in the water for maybe about 5 mins and then decided to get back out.  Here is a picture of her before we got in the pool:

Once we got out of the pool, I took her swimming suit off and changed her diaper.  In between changing her diaper and getting her dressed, I turned around to throw away the old diaper and when I turned back around this is what I saw:


Yep she is sleeping, has her own chair and the pacifier was going 100-miles-per-hour.  Not only was the pacifier running, she also had it clinking against the bottom of her glasses, but it didnt appear to phase her in the least.

Then last Friday night I decided that I would have a night out with a friend and left her off with my mom for the first time.  I am 100% sure that she was spoiled the whole time there.  We went to see the movie Magic Mike (which was so-so) and then I went back to my moms to pick the lil one up.

On Sunday, my sister-in-law (Tara) came to Jacksonville, Florida with her 3.5 yr old son Braxton.  It was great seeing them since we had not seen each other since Thanksgiving of 2010.  Tara nor Brax had meet Jaydyn since she was born, so it was greatly over due to spend some time with the family.   Braxton was not to fond of Jaydyn in the beginning and didnt like his mom holding Jaydyn, but he quickly warmed up to her.  We were able to get some cute pictures of them two together after some clever bribary.   Thanks Tara for coming to see us!!
Spanky wanted in the picture too!


Cousinly LOVE!!
 Just this past Monday, we went to get her ears pieced.  She cried for and all 10 seconds and then was fine.  I think that I was more worried about her pain than she felt.  I actually went to the mall and walked by the ear piercing store 2 times before actually going in.  Here is a picture of her before and after the ear piercing.
Before
After
After

In observation of the 4th of July, I decided to make Jaydyn her first 4th of July outfit.  I modeled it after another outfit that she has.  She will be sporting the outfit tomorrow. 
  
Here are also some additional photos of this past week, enjoy!!







No comments:

Post a Comment